Michael J. Brown
Chairman and CEO
MICHAEL J. BROWN co-founded Euronet in 1994 and has served as its chief executive officer ever since. He is also chairman of Euronet’s board of directors and the Company’s President. He is actively involved in the day-to-day operations of Euronet while overseeing the Company’s business strategy, financial performance and the growth of the business across all markets.
Mr. Brown is an accomplished entrepreneur with 30 years of combined experience in the computer software and electronic payments business. In 1979, he founded Innovative Software, which merged in 1988 with Informix, a leading provider of advanced database software technology. During his time at Informix, he served as president and chief operating officer as well as president of the workstation products division.
Annual revenues of Informix grew from $70 million to $170 million by the time Mr. Brown left the company in 1990. In 1993, he was a founding investor of Visual Tools, a company that writes and markets component software for the growing Visual Basic and Visual C++ developer market. Sybase Software acquired Visual Tools in 1996.
Mr. Brown received a Master of Science in molecular and cellular biology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 1997 and a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1979.
Mike In the News
- 2020: Video interview at Euronet’s Virtual ENGAGE Conference
- 2019: Q & A with Mike Brown by Manager magazine
- 2015: Euronet founder’s pledge helps Rockhurst High effort pick up steam
- 2014: Brown inducted into Bloch Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- 2010: Brown named regional entrepreneur of the year
- 2006: Tech optimism enjoys revival
- 1999: Overland Park firm sees world of promise in ATMs